Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Capturing performances

I have been busy designing a system to capture live performance and loop recording since so much of my live performance circles around tweaking. So, now I can capture some of my performance, repeat it, make layers of new performances, repeat it on top of the last one.

In addition, I am realizing that I can alter these captured performances as well. The joys of the freedom of a modular system like the Nord G2.

This new level of performance for me (and a next step in the evolution of my music) is what keeps it fun for me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am familiar with your past rig from the EM forum. Dual G2s... I am in the middle of creating/tweaking a rig with a G2 engine. I would like to know more about how you are capturing live performance. audio, MIDI? HW looper, SW looper?

Thanks, Dasz. You do such great stuff with the G2.

haagen said...

Thanks for the nice feedback.

I am doing midi looping (using multiple midi loop recorders) in the Nord G2, since audio looping in is limited. I will get into more details of my process in the days to come.

Unknown said...

cool, thanks dasz