Thursday, November 5, 2009

My next gig is January 23, 2010 at Sequential Circus 6, in Vancouver. Seems like far away, but I've already started preparing for the set.

The big part of it for me is what do I want to do and how do I want to interact with my music. I know I want to use this opportunity (a gig is a always a good motivator) for making some changes.

I've spent a couple of days rewiring everything (oh yeah, I'm old school and I don't use a laptop live which means more work to set up), before I commit to an approach/layout.

Funny enough, I'm realizing that the way I had things set up in the first place is still the right way to go. So I am back to using no mixer, just synthesizers (the Nord synthesizers act as my mixers and the brain of the whole performance system).

Now back to put it all together again. Lesson learned.

No comments: