Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Practising performances



So, my work-flow typically means doing some design work to capture the desired functionality without any frills or secondary features. Just the basics, the basic performance feature and a key knob and button assignment and labelling, that captures my new (or improves on it) concept.

Then I go into performance testing of my new design and interface for a couple of hours.

After (and during) playing the design, I make notes on the improvements and changes as well as what types of additional parameters might improve the access, and presentation of my concept.

And the end of a practise session, I take an inventory of the idea. and it's creative impact on me as the observer or consumer of it. A survey of sorts.

Then I make improvements based on my test notes, I integrate my new concept into a whole system, or I move into a new concept.

No comments: