Thursday, November 12, 2009

The name of the set

When does one come up with a name for a set?

At the beginning when a new idea for a set is first seeded, in the middle of the work, or once everything is done (by marketing PR?)?

I have always tried come up with it early as it is how I name my files (and patches and performances). Changing names throughout a project means changing names in all sorts of different places (on my laptop, inside my different synthesizers, etc).

But now, it happens when I put a the intention out there. And just as with other ideas I have not fully figured out, I simply put out the "request for an idea" and somehow it always manages to happen.

So I am calling my new work, Odyssey.

2010 a new journey of looping and vocals for me, and new collaborations, and a new level of performance in supported through my Nord G2 based live performance system with my new performance (real time recorded and looped midi data) capturing capabilities.

No comments: